Government Contracts & Civil Litigation
Weitz Morgan was founded in 2006 by attorneys who believe in providing exceptional work product without sacrificing the overall client experience. The firm operates on a three-part model of excellence that focuses equally on knowledge, service, and value. Through this approach, we deliver to our clients the highest standard of legal representation.
Our government contracts practice represents government contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in all types of matters related to government contracts, including assistance in the negotiation and bidding phase as well as in the litigation of any disputes that may arise.
Our litigation practice, The Litigation Office, represents business and individuals like those listed below in disputes in both state and federal courts throughout Texas as well as nationwide. We have experience at the trial court and appellate levels and take matters from inception or that are already pending.
Government Contracts Knowledge Specialties
- Procurements, Grants, & Cooperative Agreements
- Bid Protests
- Commercial Products and Services
- Compliance Programs and Education
- Conflicts of Interest/Ethics Compliance
- Contract Claims and Terminations
- Contract Review/Counseling/ Restructuring
- Grants & Cooperative Agreements
- Dealer Agreements
- Debarment & Suspension
- Fraud Litigation (False Claims Act)
- GSA Schedule Contracts
- IP Rights and Technical Data
- Prime/Sub Disputes
- Trade Agreements Act/Buy American Act
- Teaming Agreements
- Service Contracting
- Small Business Administration/Socio-Economic Issues
- State and Local Contracting
- Subcontractor & Subaward Agreements
Government Contracts Success Stories
- Served as lead counsel for a consortium of energy companies awarded a large cooperative agreement. Advised the President and COO as well as the Board of Directors on compliance, performance, and close-out. In addition to basic public contract law matters, counseled client on IP, technical data, and tangible property rights, SCA and Davis-Bacon applications, and cost principles. Drafted and negotiated multiple teaming agreements, cost sharing agreements, subawards, and vendor contracts, crafted and implemented vendor procurement procedures, and assisted with management of real property.
- Long-time counsel for one of the leading suppliers of AV furniture to the U.S. military. Provided attorney advisory opinions and letters to third parties on country of origin markings, TAA compliance, and FCA violations. Conducted successful bid protests. Served as the government contracts expert for trial counsel in defense of an FCA lawsuit.
- Outside counsel for one of the largest foodservice and beverage distributors in the U.S. Advised the company’s General Counsel and public contracts team on a variety of procurement issues by reviewing and offering opinions on RFP’s as well on compliance matters like pricing structure and HIPAA business associate agreements.
- Guided executives and contracts manager at large predictive analytics company on organizational conflicts of interest created by a subcontract on a DOD weapons system contract. Defined OCI’s to the client and provided a written analysis of its OCI issues with recommendations on how to mitigate and proceed for each scenario.
- Counseled global manufacturer of storage and wireless networking devices on its manufacturing process to determine TAA compliance.
- Advised counsel for global motor design company on the BAA, TAA applications under an ARRA contract.
- Served as outside government contracts counsel for national maintenance repair supplies company. Provided guidance on BPA terms and conditions, disputes and bid protests, country of origin issues, contract compliance and administration, ethics, cost principles, and price adjustments.
- Experience with formation and administration of a variety of GSA Schedules contracts for domestic and international clients. Counseled GSA Schedule holders on BPA terms, CSP and price adjustment clauses, novations, teaming, reseller, and dealer agreements, socio-economic classifications and requirements, and automatic stays and interventions in bid protests.
- Advised clients in state and local procurements, including TXMAS, federal money flow downs, debarments, pre-award and post-award compliance, cooperative purchasing, DBITS, CMBL, subcontracting plans, and the TX Government Code.
Why Choose Weitz Morgan
- Decades of Experience
- Substantive Knowledge
- Proven Track Record
- Oral and Written Persuasion
- Strength of Conviction
- Strategic Decision-Making
- Trusted Counsel
- Attorney Availability
- Deep Procedural Knowledge
- Exceptional Work Product
- Measured Professionalism